The guidelines below govern the moderation of comments on articles. We aim to encourage intelligent discourse, so the comments section is both useful and inviting for all participants.
- Be cool, be nice, be constructive
- Any derogatory comments based on background, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated
- We do not tolerate comments which can be interpreted as violent threats
- We do not allow begging for tips/money, eg pasting wallet addresses of digital currencies
- Personal, vindictive attacks on public figures, authors or other users will not be tolerated
- People should not to be afraid to post comments for fear of mindless abuse from others
- Constructive feedback and criticism are welcome, but smear tactics and mud-slinging are not acceptable. Other forms of persistent misrepresentation of DRIVE Insider, and those involved with the platform will not be tolerated
- Nobody wants to read an eight-page flame-war debating which cryptocurrency you love or hate. Your opinions are your own and respect others
- Spam and other commercial comments will not be tolerated. This will cause you to be added to the blacklist if there are repeat offenses. All comments with links pass through moderation, so please be patient with moderators
- Comments that are relevant to the article are more likely to not be deleted
- Please make sure your username and email are not offensive or overly promotional
- Do not paste links with no explanation as to what you are posting
- Constant trolling of others to get into arguments will be noticed. The appropriate action will be taken
- Any potentially libelous posting or comments in breach of copyright will be deleted
Take time with what you are writing. You’re part of a forum that is designed to spurn constructive discussion. Try to write with maturity and be reasonable to others. Make your comment worthwhile, and keep it on topic.
If you spot an issue with an article, please contact the team so it may be corrected as soon as possible.
Remember that DRIVE Insider has a wide range of writers, and some articles are posted as opinion or feature pieces rather than news. Also, remember that the views and opinions of many authors do not reflect the views of DRIVE Insider as a whole.
Do report (flag) any comment you deem unacceptable, or email us at [email protected] with any issues you spot in the comments section.
Repetitive, spammy comments and links to promote the latest altcoin or product will likely have a detrimental effect on any future coverage of that altcoin or product.
Regular commenters using their own name or that have a Disqus account with excellent history are more like to be ‘whitelisted’, and avoid moderation queues.